Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Beyond

Originally Posted 1/1/08

(c) 2007 William Cushman 10:38 

You know, one of the strangest life lessons that I need to learn and re-learn, is how small we truly are.

I wrote this meandering piano piece while trying to reach out with my mind and think about the vastness of the universe.

I mean, how weird is it to be taught our entire lives that if we apply ourselves hard enough that we can accomplish anything... only to come to the final realization that I have such a small relevance to anything in comparison to the size of this incredible universe.

And how wonderful is it to know that regardless of my size or relevance, that the One who created it all, still loves me, just for me. It is impossible to refute and it is so simple.

It's never been about me... life is beyond anyone's understanding...

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible..."(Colossians 1:16)
Want to use this piece in your project or website at no cost? Just ask!  Contact me through my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/William-Cushman-132321843458675/ and ask for the specific audio file.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Universe is a truly amazing thing when you stop to think about it. Nice piece; it captures the feeling you describe.

Dennis

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill!

It's good to see some new work posted. We miss you guys alot. I hope you are doing well. Give me a call some time. I don't have your contact info. I need to send you the song you played on for me. I have it finished.

christian

Danielle said...

I am considering expanding into blogtalk radio. Your compositions are so lovely.

Thank you for so openly sharing your talent.

Danielle
Modern Musings

gail said...

This is the most beautiful song. I have listened to it over and over.

Welcome to William Cushman's Ghostnotes